Woke up on this HOT Saturday morning to some great news … Lisa at She’s Losing It! nominated me for the Very Inspirational Blogger Award! (Check out her blog here)
What that means is I have to:
- Display the award logo somewhere on the blog.
- Link back to the blog of the person who nominated you.
- State 7 things about yourself.
- Nominate 15 other bloggers for the award and provide links to their blogs.
- Notify those bloggers that they have been nominated and of the award’s requirements.
7 Random Things About Me:
- I’m 31 years old, but I have never lived anywhere for longer than 5 years (in one stretch). I’ve called Waynesburg, Pittsburgh, Lakewood, Pittsburgh (again), Strongsville, Columbia, Medina, St. Charles, Clemson, Nashville and Arlington home. Since I spent 13 of those years in Ohio, I consider the Cleveland suburbs “home.” If nothing else, it’s made me adaptable … but I’ve found it also makes me get bored easily.
- I was a Glee kid in high school (before you judge, it was really cool where I went to school! Encore was an institution! And fun fact – one of the guys who was in my showchoir my senior year is now the director at my old high school – that’s right, a real-life Will Scheuster! ) So, yeah – I sang. I danced. I was in plays. Now I just make really good announcements before my classes, often make a fool out of myself during my classes, and sometimes even sing to my classes. So hopefully those theater workshops and 8 years of vocal training weren’t a total waste of my parents’ money
- I’m OBSESSED with college football (just ask my coworker/partner in crime, Helen. She tells people that she’s never met anyone who knows as much about it as I do). I scream at the game. I rattle off stats. I sometimes call my parents during football season, and my mom immediately asks, “Did you call to talk football with your dad?” (because my brothers could care less about football). My blood bleeds orange – I think there must be something in the water, because I’ve never met a Clemson grad who isn’t a crazy college football fan. GO TIGERS!
- My family has gone on the same vacation to North Myrtle Beach for (almost all of) the last 18 years. And it never gets old. It’s a full week of sitting on the beach, reading books, relaxing, going out to dinner, and perhaps most importantly … teasing my dad and my Uncle Johnny (his twin brother – the two families have made it our annual tradition to vacation together). We’re less than two weeks away and I CAN’T WAIT! Every year I joke that I’m going to quit my job and become one of those frozen ice cart girls who walks up and down the beach all day … but I know I’d get bored (and not be able to handle being poor).
- I work full time in marketing … but I have dreams of making fitness my future (both teaching group fitness classes, as I do now, and eventually training, as well). I’m confident that I’ll get there someday, but for now, there are a few things that I still have not been quite able to make happen that have to happen first. It’s a dream of mine to make my passion my work – because when you love what you do, it never feels like work.
- I never set foot into a gym until I was 21. I was totally that girl who was horrified by the idea of sweating in gym class in high school. One of my best friends from high school, Jenny, once joked that we never would have guessed, as we were running around that dang track (cursing our gym teacher, Miss Pritchard – she used to make our Athletic Director take her dogs to the groomer, and we’d often hear them barking in the locker room. It was weird. But so was she – I’d say a less catty version of Sue Sylvester, for my Glee fans), that she would end up a marathoner and I’d end up a group fitness instructor. I guess that endorphin high really is addictive!
- I suffer from what I call “hair color A.D.D.” – depending on the time of year, I span somewhere on the spectrum between brunette (my natural color) and blonde. Luckily, both work on me (so my hairdressers assure me).
15 Blogs Worth Checking Out:
Gotta do the family justice … this one’s from my baby brother. He’s a pretty funny guy. Random, yes, perhaps a little offensive, but funny.
That said … if you are searching for a sound/audio/recording engineer, he just graduated from Columbia College in Chicago with a degree in Audio Arts and Acoustics, and he’s looking for a job. You can find his portfolio on this blog.
From one of my besties since 8th grade science class (yes, we’ve known each other for 18 years…) Life, faith, love, teaching and living with Lupus.
A great blog from one of my fellow XSport Fitness group fitness instructors.
Fitness blog from Women’s Health – some great quick reads, and occasionally inspiration for my own blog!
Inspirational posters, tips, videos and stories to take your workout to the next level!
Those of you who, like me, are just trying to survive in the dating world will greatly appreciate her sharp tongue and no fear of telling the truth.
One woman’s inspirational weight loss journey as she strives toward success in health and fitness.
A fellow group fitness instructor shares her tips, recipes, and inspiration for a better you!
She’s a figure competitor, a mom and a pretty good fitness blogger, too … how cool is that?
My coworker/friend/partner in crime Helen’s blog – she inspired me to start my own blog, and she’s one of the coolest girls I know J
Harriet is one of my best friends from college – she’s a mom, an entrepreneur, and quite honestly, I wish I had half the energy she does (and she’s chasing after two young boys!) If you’re looking for customized, embroidered children’s clothing, she’s your girl.
Check it out for new music … maybe find a little inspiration in addition to my weekly playlists!
Piloxing is taking the U.S. by storm … and it’s a great, really fun, interval-based class (Want to try it? They have all their locations listed on the website). Stay on top of what’s up next at their blog!
Not sure I’d say it’s a blog, per se, but you should definitely check out Leslie, one of my early fitness mentors – she is AWESOME. Definitely the best fitness instructor I’ve ever been fortunate enough to take a class with.
So, there it is! Thanks again, Lisa, for the nomination – and hope you all enjoy checking out some of my favorites, too!